Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Sunny Days and Mondays

So how can you complain when you get a day off work (PAID), you visit a beautiful lake that is practically at your back door and you are chauffeured around that lake by your handsome husband.  You Can't!

On Labor Day, we enjoyed the majestic Lake Jocassee set amid the foothills of the gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains.  When I first visited this lake last summer, I was amazed that a place so beautiful was located so close to us.  As a matter of fact, many call Lake Jocassee the Lake Tahoe of the East. 

Last summer, we spent our time paddling the white sandy shoreline in kayaks with the kids, and hiking the trails and rocky beaches at Devils Fork State Park.  This time we had a motor, much more to my husbands liking. 

We started with a little Brie, Fig Preserves, French Bread (thank you Alexa) and maybe a Sam Adams or two, added a couple of beach chairs, towels and lots of laughs and parked ourselves on our own private beach.  How's that for a Monday?

4 comments:

  1. I don't even know where to start. This calls for a list.

    1. I am so envious that I missed it this year! But so happy that you guys had fun!

    2. Dad really is so handsome.

    3. LOVE the shell photo!

    4. What, no kayaking?? haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see your pretty husband kayaking anyway. Wish Kylee N I where there. Who has the foot thing going on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, David prefers to be propelled instead of being the propeller. And...that would be my big ole Fred Flinstone foot. Sorry, had to show how clear the water was. You and Miss Kylee need to hop on up here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like SUCH a nice day! And I didn't realize Alexa was your step daughter. It's all coming together now. ;) I shoot on a Canon 40D with either a 50mm f/1.4 lens or the 24-70mm f/2.8.

    ReplyDelete