Monday, April 18, 2011

They just dont make em like they used to...

An afternoon at the Hartwell, Georgia Antique Boat Show made me appreciate the craftsmanship of the past and put me in the mood to watch one of my favorite movies of all time, On Golden Pond. It also made me remember pretty boat rides on Turkey Foot Lake on High Hopes, our family's own little piece of Chris Craft nostalgia. Ahh...Memories...









The following 3 photos show my favorite, Brown Eyed Girl, a Chris Craft Sportsman.


 Love the retro cushions!



My second favorite was this little 105 year old beauty!  Wow!



Craftsmen were at the show passing down their treasured trade.


Finally, a picture of me in High Hopes, packing a few more pounds.  This boat, a 1961 Chris Craft Capri Barrelback was 1 of only 61 made.  It was one of the last of the all wood Chris Crafts made.  In the following few years, all the boats went to fiberglass.


No comments:

Post a Comment