Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Grand Finale

After cleaning up, Alexa and I headed back out so I could get one last look at the city.  We took the subway to Times Square and oogled at all the lights.  I can only imagine what it must be like on New Year's Eve!





We then went looking for a place to eat and ventured on Macy's Department Store.  Such a pretty store and just looking at it made me think of Christmas and Miracle on 34th Street!

We walked again through Bryant Park and enjoyed watching elderly men playing chess and young men playing ping pong.  The park takes on a sort of ethereal glow at dark and attracts just as many people at night as it does during the day.  I later get to see this beautiful, glowing green space from far above!





We went to Dempsey's where Alexa had Shepherds Pie and I had fish and chips.  We didn't get much conversation in because a whole slew of loud Kentucky fans and alumni were there donning their team colors and watching their football team...LOSE.  Oh well!  They had a great time and Alexa and I enjoyed our last large meal in NYC together at a really cool place!

By the time we left Dempsey's, it was 11:00 pm.  We headed straight to the Empire State Building to the 86th floor to get a bird's eye view of the city.  What a treat! With all her twinkling lights, her tall lighted buildings, and her avenues aglow, the city wrapped us up in her beauty. 




The bit of green space in these pictures is Bryant Park



Thank you once again Alexa, for your graciousness and hospitality during my visit.  I really wonder if even a seasoned New Yorker would have been able to pull off giving someone a tour of the city as well as you!
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment