Saturday, February 5, 2011

February 5, 1988



On this day 23 years ago, a beautiful addition to this world was born.  Now I am not just talking about beauty of the physical kind.  I'm talking about the kind of beauty that comes from the inside.  The kind that spreads out to everyone she knows, meets, or just passes in the street.

I am lucky enough to be the step-mother (I hate that term!  How about friend-mother instead?) of this beautiful woman and I adore her.  Though I have only had the pleasure of being a part of her life for the past 8 years, I feel as if I have known her since her beginning.  Shared stories from family, friends, and Alexa herself along with photographs, has painted me a pretty good picture of the foundation from which she was built. 

I love her enthusiasm, focus, kindness and her child-like wonder for new experiences!  She has learned that she holds the key to her own success and happiness (Yes! Even at the tender age of 23!).  She is driven yet respectful.  She is determined yet aware of her surroundings and careful to tread lightly on her path to her future.  She is concerned and caring, and maintains daily "check-ups" with family and friends.  She has a heart of gold and I love her as if she were my own!

Happy Bithday Alexa!  You have had a big week and I have no doubt even bigger weeks to come on the horizon!  I am so proud of you and I can't wait to share in the rest of your adventures.  Never lose the love at your core and always keep your heart open.  I love you!

1 comment:

  1. Nothing like a good, grateful cry on my birthday! :)

    Thank you for this. It makes me feel so good and loved--even more so than you usually make me feel! Thanks for being such a great friend-mom to me. I love you!

    ReplyDelete