Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!


Every Halloween, the neighbors in our cul-de-sac gather together just before nightfall to eat chili, cornbread, hot dog mummies and other goodies before sending the kids off trick-or-treating.  Everyone brings their carved pumpkins to light the way and plenty of candy to share.  

Though many of the ghosties and goblins that once occupied our little circle have become teenagers and no longer go door-to-door begging for candy in their costumes (this makes me sad!), I still enjoyed the most adorable of Pooh Bears, Princesses and Kitty Cats that belong to others in the neighborhood. 

My wish is that my grown children will someday pass on the tradition of watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brow", pumpkin carving, and gathering with neighbors on Halloween to their children and continue the once-a-year excitement that I experienced as a child and a mother.

Happy Halloween!







1 comment:

  1. Those pumpkins are amazing!! And is that your spider web dip?? So crafty!

    I'm sad that I missed another year in the cul-de-sac, but I am so happy that you and Dad still go! Such a fun tradition.

    ReplyDelete